It’s citrus season right now and I’m so excited about this new blood orange salsa! Fresh salsa just tastes better when the ingredients are in season and these juicy blood oranges are a delicious replacement for tomatoes.
You already know all about oranges for their immune boosting properties but blood oranges boost a few extra benefits that make them even better! They contain an antioxidant called Anthocyanin which gives the orange it’s deep red, sometimes even purple color. Antioxidants have long been known to protect the body from cancers and heart disease, but Anthocyanin in particular has been shown to decrease LDL (bad cholesterol) and strengthen blood vessels! I love food that gives back!
Blood Orange Salsa
- Blood Orange Salsa2016-03-25 13:28:40Serves 2Write a reviewPrep Time10 minTotal Time10 minPrep Time10 minTotal Time10 min262 calories24 g0 g18 g5 g3 g226 g650 g8 g0 g14 gNutrition FactsServing Size226gServings2Amount Per ServingCalories 262Calories from Fat 155% Daily Value *Total Fat 18g28%Saturated Fat 3g13%Trans Fat 0gPolyunsaturated Fat 2gMonounsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 650mg27%Total Carbohydrates 24g8%Dietary Fiber 11g43%Sugars 8gProtein 5gVitamin A7%Vitamin C81%Calcium5%Iron7%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.Ingredients
- 1 blood orange (carefully peeled and cubed)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 serrano chile (minced
- 1/3 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cilantro (minced)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
betacalories262fat18gprotein5gcarbs24gmoreMotion Mom http://www.motionmom.com/
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!