I call this Everyday Baked Chicken because we eat it almost every day. High heat for less time creates the most juicy delicious chicken that can be incorporated into just about any lunch or dinner recipe you can imagine. You could have it for dinner paired with a vegetable and with a yummy pesto sauce or cut it up and use it for chicken fajitas! If you have leftovers, (I always make extra to keep in the fridge) you can cut it up and put it on top of a salad or wrap it into a lunch wrap with hummus and veggies. There are literally endless possibilities.
The first step is this spice mixture that I use so much I actually decided to make a big batch to keep in my kitchen for easy use. I only used one mason jar and one 1/4 cup measuring cup to make a ton of this yummy mixture to keep on hand.
Here’s the lowdown:
To Make In Bulk
- 4 chicken breasts thinly sliced or pounded thin and even
- 1/2 cup salt (I like Kosher salt)
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
To Make One Family Serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Spray Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Mix all of your dry spices together.
- Spray a baking pan with oil and place your chicken breasts on the pan.
- Sprinkle your spice mixture over the chicken and rub into the chicken with your hands. Repeat on the other side.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and flip and bake for 10 more.
- I usually make this in bulk. See the blog post for information on this.
My little nugget loves this recipe!
I’d love to see what dishes you make with your Everyday Chicken! Post your photos with #motionmom #everydaychicken and let me know what you think!